Jodo collects when a User is on the Jodo website, or White-label Websites. Jodo does not
collect any unique information about the User (such as User’s name, email address, age,
gender, etc.) except when the User specifically and knowingly provides such information on
the Website. Like any business interested in offering the highest quality of service to clients,
Jodo may, from time to time, send email and other communication to the User to update
them about the various services, features, functionality and content offered by Jodo, or seek
voluntary information from you.
Please be aware, however, that Jodo will release specific personal information about the
User if required to do so in the following circumstances:
- in order to comply with any valid legal process such as a search warrant, statute, or court
- if any of the User’s actions on the Jodo website violate the Terms of Service or any of
Jodo’s guidelines for specific services, or
- to protect or defend Jodo’s legal rights or property, the Jodo website, or Jodo Users; or
- to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud,
situations involving potential threats to the security and integrity of Jodo’s website/offerings.
2. General Terms and Conditions for Online-Payments
- Once a User has accepted these Terms and Conditions, he/she may register and avail the
Services. A User may either register on the Jodo website, a White-label Website, or,
alternatively, enter his/her child’s Roll Number and pay their dues/fees in any other manner
as may be specified by Jodo from time to time.
- Jodo’s rights, obligations, and undertakings shall be subject to the laws in force in India,
as well as any directives/procedures of the Government of India, and nothing contained in
these Terms and Conditions shall be in derogation of Jodo's right to comply with any law
enforcement agency’s request or requirements relating to any User’s use of the website or
information provided to or gathered by Jodo with respect to such use. Each User accepts and
agrees that the provision of details of his/her use of the Website to regulators or police
or to any other third party in order to resolve disputes or complaints which relate to the
Website or White-label Websites shall be at the absolute discretion of Jodo.
- If any part of these Terms and Conditions are determined to be invalid or unenforceable
pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability
limitations set forth herein, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed
superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the
original provision and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in effect.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the User and Jodo.
These Terms and Conditions supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and
proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written, between the User and Jodo. A printed version
of these Terms and Conditions and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible
in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these Terms and
Conditions to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business
documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
- The entries in the books of Jodo and/or the Payment Service Provider(s) kept in the
ordinary course of business of Jodo and/or the Payment Service Provider(s) with regard to
transactions covered under these Terms and Conditions and matters therein appearing shall
be binding on the User and shall be conclusive proof of the genuineness and accuracy of the
- Refund or Chargeback Transaction: In the event there is any claim for/of chargeback
by the User for any reason whatsoever, such User shall immediately approach Jodo with
his/her claim details and claim refund from Jodo alone. Such refund (if any) shall be effected
only by Jodo via a payment gateway or by means of a demand draft or such other means as
Jodo deems appropriate. No claims for refund/chargeback shall be made by any User to the
Payment Service Provider(s) and in the event such claim is made it shall not be entertained.
- In these Terms and Conditions, the term “Chargeback” shall mean, approved and
settled credit card or net banking purchase transaction(s) which are at any time refused,
debited, or charged back to merchant account (and shall also include similar debits to
Payment Service Provider's accounts, if any) by the acquiring bank or credit card company
for any reason whatsoever, together with the bank fees, penalties, and other charges
- Refund for fraudulent/duplicate transaction(s): The User shall directly contact Jodo
for any fraudulent transaction(s) on account of misuse of Card/Bank details by a fraudulent
individual/party and such issues shall be suitably addressed by Jodo alone in line with their
policies and rules.
- Server Slow Down/Session Timeout: In case the Website or Payment Service
Provider’s webpage, that is linked to the Website, is experiencing any server-related issues
like ‘slow down’ or ‘failure’ or ‘session timeout’, the User shall, before initiating the second
payment, check whether his/her Bank Account has been debited or not and accordingly
resort to one of the following options:
- In case the Bank Account appears to be debited, ensure that he/she does not make the
payment twice and immediately thereafter contact Jodo via e-mail or any other mode of
contact as provided by Jodo to confirm payment.
- In case the Bank Account is not debited, the User may initiate a fresh transaction to
make the payment.
However, the User agrees that under no circumstances shall the Payment Gateway Service
Provider(s) be held responsible for such fraudulent/duplicate transactions and hence no
claims should be raised to the Payment Gateway Service Provider(s). No communication
received by the Payment Service Provider(s) in this regard shall be entertained by the
Payment Service Provider(s).
3. Limitation of Liability
- Jodo has made this Service available to the User as a matter of convenience. Jodo
expressly disclaims any claim or liability arising out of the provision of this Service. The User
agrees and acknowledges that he/she shall be solely responsible for his/her conduct and
that Jodo reserves the right to terminate the rights to use of the Service immediately without
giving any prior notice thereof.
- Jodo and/or the Payment Service Provider(s) shall not be liable for any inaccuracy, error
or delay in, or omission of
- any data, information, or message, or
- the transmission or delivery of any such data, information or message; or
- any loss or damage arising from or occasioned by any such inaccuracy, error, delay, or
omission, non-performance, or interruption in any such data, information, or message. Under
no circumstances shall Jodo and/or the Payment Service Provider(s), its employees,
directors, and its third party agents involved in processing, delivering, or managing the
Services, be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages, or
any damages whatsoever, including punitive or exemplary, arising out of or in any way
connected with the provision of or any inadequacy or deficiency in the provision of the
Services, or resulting from unauthorized access or alteration of transmissions of data or
arising from suspension or termination of the Services.
- Jodo and the Payment Service Provider(s) assume no liability whatsoever for any
monetary or other damage suffered by the User on account of:
- the delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in
connection with use of the Payment Gateway or Service(s) in connection thereto; and/or
- any interruption or errors in the operation of the Payment Gateway.
- The User shall indemnify and hold harmless the Payment Service Provider(s) and Jodo
and their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees, from any claim or demand,
or actions arising out of or in connection with the utilization of the Services.
- The User agrees that Jodo or any of its employees will not be held liable by the User for
any loss or damages arising from your use of, or reliance upon the information contained on
the Website, or any failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions where such failure is
due to circumstance beyond Jodo’s reasonable control.
4. Miscellaneous Conditions
- Any waiver of any rights available to Jodo under these Terms and Conditions shall not
mean that those rights are automatically waived.
- The User agrees, understands, and confirms that his/her personal data including without
limitation details relating to debit card/credit card transmitted over the Internet may be
susceptible to misuse, hacking, theft and/or fraud and that Jodo or the Payment Service
Provider(s) have no control over such matters.
- Although all reasonable care has been taken towards guarding against unauthorized use
of any information transmitted by the User, Jodo does not represent or guarantee that the
use of the Services provided by/through it will not result in theft and/or unauthorized use of
data over the Internet.
- Jodo, the Payment Service Provider(s) and its affiliates and associates shall not be liable,
at any time, for any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect,
delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communications line failure, theft or
destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of information contained on the
- The User may be required to create his/her own User ID and Password in order to register
and/or use the Services provided by Jodo on the Website. By accepting these Terms and
Conditions the User agrees that his/her User ID and Password are very important pieces of
information and it shall be the User’s own responsibility to keep them secure and
confidential. In furtherance thereof, the User agrees to;
- Choose a new password, whenever required for security reasons.
- Keep his/her User ID & Password strictly confidential.
- Be responsible for any transactions made by the User under such User ID and Password.
The User is hereby informed that Jodo will never ask the User for the User’s password in an
unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. The User is hereby required to sign out of
his/her Jodo account on the Website and close the web browser window when the
transaction(s) have been completed. This is to ensure that others cannot access the User’s
personal information and correspondence when the User happens to share a computer with
someone else or is using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe.
5. Debit/Credit Card, Bank Account Details
- The User agrees that the debit/credit card details provided by him/her for use of the
aforesaid Service(s) must be correct and accurate and that the User shall not use a
debit/credit card, that is not lawfully owned by him/her or the use of which is not authorized
by the lawful owner thereof. The User further agrees and undertakes to provide correct and
valid debit/credit card details.
- The User may pay his/her fees to Jodo by using a debit/credit card or through an online
banking account. The User warrants, agrees and confirms that when he/she initiates a
payment transaction and/or issues an online payment instruction and provides his/her
- The User is fully and lawfully entitled to use such credit/debit card, or bank account for
- The User is responsible to ensure that the card/bank account details provided by him/her
- The User is authorizing debit of the nominated card/bank account for the payment of fees
selected by such User along with the applicable Fees.
- The User is responsible to ensure sufficient credit is available on the nominated
card/bank account at the time of making the payment to permit the payment of the dues
payable or the bill(s) selected by the User inclusive of the applicable Fee.
6. Personal Information
- The User agrees that, to the extent required or permitted by law, Jodo and/or the Payment
Service Provider(s) may also collect, use and disclose personal information in connection
with security-related or law enforcement investigations or in the course of cooperating with
authorities or complying with legal requirements.
- The User agrees that any communication sent by the User via email, shall imply release of
information therein/therewith to Jodo. The User agrees to be contacted via email on such
mails initiated by him/her.
- In addition to the information already in the possession of Jodo and/or the Payment
Service Provider(s), Jodo may have collected similar information from the User in the past.
and to Jodo’s continued use of previously collected information. By submitting the User’s
personal information to Jodo, the User will be treated as having given his/her permission for
the processing of the User’s personal data as set out herein.
- The User acknowledges and agrees that his/her information will be managed in
accordance with the laws for the time in force.
7. Payment Gateway Disclaimer
The Service is provided in order to facilitate access to view and pay Student Fees online.
Jodo or the Payment Service Provider(s) do not make any representation of any kind,
express or implied, as to the operation of the Payment Gateway other than what is specified
in the Website for this purpose. By accepting/agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, the
User expressly agrees that his/her use of the aforesaid online payment Service is entirely at
own risk and responsibility of the User.