Jodo (www.jodo.in) is a mission-oriented high-growth fintech startup
building payment & lending products to simplify education payments.
Jodo's suite of products make education payments convenient &
affordable for parents while simplifying & streamlining fee
collections for educational institutes. Jodo aims to be a
category-defining company with a mission to be a trusted partner to
parents in fulfilling their aspirations for their kids' education.
You can learn more about Jodo's mission in this
Jodo is backed by high-quality investors to realize this mission.
- VC investors: Elevation Capital, Matrix Partners - investors in
Paytm, Swiggy, Urban Company, Ola, Practo etc.
- Angel investors: Kunal Shah(CRED), Nithin Kamath (Zerodha), Amit
What's on offer?
We are looking for a passionate Backend Developer with a focus on building maintainable and scalable systems. The developer will be responsible for the design and development of Jodo's backend platforms. You will be closely working with Product Managers and front end developers to gather requirements and implement features.
- Own and drive the development of new features
- Participate in the design and development of the Jodo backend platform
- Troubleshoot production defects and performance issues
- Write reusable code/modules
- Optimize for speed of development/delivery
- Collaborate with frontend developers for integration
- 2+ years of proven experience as a Backend Developer
- Proficient in building RESTful APIs with any modern tech stack
- Working knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Prior working knowledge of Python/Django is a big plus
- Familiarity with modern CI/CD tools
- Knowledge of AWS or any other Cloud Platform services
- Champion code quality and drive best practices
- Ability to analyze and convert business requirements into technical requirements
- Self-starter and ability to take the ownership
- Prior experience working in a startup environment is great to have
- Execution oriented - the ability to get things done fast
- Excellent problem solving skills - ability to think from first principles
- Intellectual honesty - always seeking and stating truth irrespective of personal
- Empathetic to the customer segment & mission-oriented
- High sense of ownership