What information does Jodo collect?
If you use or access the Jodo Services, or open a Jodo account, we may collect the following
- Contact information, such as your name, address, phone, email, and other similar information.
- Financial information, such as your full bank account number if you choose to use it with the Jodo Services.
- Detailed personal information, such as your date of birth or Permanent Account Number.
- Biometric information to verify your unique Aadhar number. We do not store your biometric credentials
and adhere to norms specified by UIDAI.
- Information from your smart phone as per app store policies. You authorize Jodo to have access to this
information and you agree that Jodo may collect and use this information in accordance with this Privacy
- Other personal information provided by third parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification
- Your photo or “avatar” if you choose to add one to your Jodo profile. Other users of the Jodo Services
may be able to view your photo. You may remove your photo or change it at any time in your account
- Information that you provide to Jodo when interacting with our customer support team or other
team members via phone, email, online form, or other correspondence.
- Personal information stored with third parties that you choose to provide to Jodo, such as social media
account information and your social media contacts. By linking your third party accounts or using third
party sign-in services, you authorize Jodo to have access to this information and you agree that Jodo
- Personal testimonial information or endorsements that you voluntarily provide to us and which we
may display with your name on the Jodo Sites with your consent. To update or delete your testimonial,
contact us at email@example.com.
- We also collect the following information ("Web Browser Information") from your device when you use the
Jodo Services: your IP address, the type of device you use, your device identifier, your operating system
version, the type of browser you use, your location, and the URL that you came from and the next URL
that you visit. If you have enabled collection of location data in the Jodo mobile application,
you can turn it off within the application's settings on Android, or in your phone settings on iOS.
- Financial information, such as your full bank account number/transactional SMSes if you choose to use
it with the Jodo Services.
- Jodo also collects your Location coordinates through GPS to provide you better & prompt customer service
How does Jodo use the personal information that it collects?
We use your personal information to:
- Provide the Jodo Services to you.
- Notify you about your account activity.
- Process transactions and collect fees.
- Provide customer support and resolve disputes.
- Verify your identity and account information.
- Identify, prevent, and report potentially prohibited, fraudulent, or illegal activities.
- Customize and improve your Jodo experience and the Jodo Services.
- Contact you at your telephone number by voice or SMS to validate the telephone number or your
- Notify you about important changes to the Jodo Services and/or Jodo terms and conditions.
- Provide you with news, offers, and information about the Jodo Services based on your
- Any other purpose that we disclose to you in the course of providing the Jodo Services to you.
- Checks your eligibility for unsecured loans
How does Jodo share my personal information?
We may share your personal information as follows:
Jodo shares information about you when:
- You apply for a loan
- When you are involved in a transaction with another Jodo user or a financial instituion.
- With third parties to provide, maintain, and improve the Jodo Services (and not for these third parties’
own purposes), including fraud prevention, identity verification, analytics and marketing services, and
financial institutions and other partners that are part of the payment process.
- With third parties upon your request. For example, you may ask Jodo to confirm your status as a
Jodo user with a third party merchant.
- If we believe disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, legal process, or
government request; to investigate or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our rights,
our terms and conditions, or the rights of others; or to protect the safety and security of Jodo, our
users, or the public.
- With a third party if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our
any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information with third parties.
information to third parties without your consent. Please note that third parties, such as merchants
that you pay and third party websites that you visit, have their own privacy policies. Jodo is not
responsible for the policies and practices of such third parties.
Cookies and web beacons are technologies that Jodo and our third party service providers use to
collect Web Browser Information in order to track how the Jodo Sites and Jodo Services are used.
Cookies are small data files that are stored on your computer’s hard drive and web beacons are tiny
graphics embedded on webpages. These technologies allow us to: provide you with a personalized
experience by recognizing you when you return to the Jodo Sites; better understand our users by
tracking how they use the Jodo Services; improve the design and content of the Jodo Sites by
tracking how users interact with the Jodo Sites; and identify and prevent fraudulent activity.
We may link Web Browser Information to any personal information that you submit while on the Jodo
services to Jodo, or to serve you advertisements in connection with the Jodo Services.
The Jodo Sites include social media features that allow you to “Like” or share content on third
party sites. These features may be hosted by the third party sites or the Jodo Sites, and may
collect your IP address, the Jodo Site page you are visiting, and may set a cookie to enable the
with your use of the Jodo Sites. Third parties with whom we partner to provide some content such
as video clips, use Flash cookies which cannot be removed using your browser settings. To learn how
to manage your Flash cookie preferences, visit the Flash Player Settings Manager Help page here.
widgets (such as the Facebook Like button), or other tracking technologies used by third parties.
Jodo is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of such third parties.
How do I opt-out of receiving promotional emails from Jodo?
If you prefer not to receive promotional emails from Jodo, click on the unsubscribe link at the
bottom of any promotional email that we send you to remove your email address from future promotional
email campaigns. If you have difficulty with the unsubscribe process, contact us at
What security precautions does Jodo take to protect me?
We have security measures in place to protect your personal information, including the use of
industry-standard data encryption technology and internal policies and restrictions regarding the
storage of and access to your personal information. Please note that no data transmission over the
Internet or method of electronic storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
How do I update my information?
If your personal information changes, you can update or correct it in your account settings by logging
into your account at https://www.jodo.in.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you
the Jodo Services. If you wish to close your account or request that we no longer use your information
to provide you the Jodo Services, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your
information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our terms
What about the privacy of children?
Jodo is a general audience website. Jodo does not knowingly collect any personal information
from anyone under the age of 13.
Refer a friend
To use Jodo's referral service, you provide your friend’s name and email address which Jodo uses
to send a one-time email inviting them to visit the Jodo Sites. Jodo stores this contact information
for the sole purpose of sending the one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
Your friend may contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove this information from our
The Jodo sites may offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums, which may require creation
of an account with a third party. Any information you provide in these areas may be visible to the
public, so we recommend that you avoid disclosing personal information. To request removal of your
personal information from these areas, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be
able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so