Jodo (www.jodo.in) is a mission-oriented high-growth fintech startup
building payment & lending products to simplify education payments.
Jodo's suite of products make education payments convenient &
affordable for parents while simplifying & streamlining fee
collections for educational institutes. Jodo aims to be a
category-defining company with a mission to be a trusted partner to
parents in fulfilling their aspirations for their kids' education.
You can learn more about Jodo's mission in this
Jodo is backed by high-quality investors to realize this mission.
- VC investors: Elevation Capital, Matrix Partners - investors in
Paytm, Swiggy, Urban Company, Ola, Practo etc.
- Angel investors: Kunal Shah(CRED), Nithin Kamath (Zerodha), Amit
We are an early-stage company which means we are just getting started! This is not just an opportunity to be part of the startup journey but help shape the journey by building things from scratch. We are looking to hire a Principal Engineer who can own and drive the development of Jodo's products.
As a principal engineer, you should be a passionate Backend Developer with a focus on building maintainable and scalable systems. You will be responsible for the design and development of Jodo's backend platforms. You will be closely working with founders and the head of engineering to build Jodo's products. As a senior developer in the team, you will be taking ownership of services/systems and be a mentor to other developers in the team.
- Own and drive the development of new products and features @ Jodo
- Lead design and development of the Jodo backend platform
- Write reusable code/modules while optimising for speed of delivery
- Identify opportunities for automation
- Make cloud (AWS) infrastructure/services scalable and secure
- Mentor junior developers to improve their speed and quality of code
- Core team member - work closely with founders and head of engineering in building high-quality products
Traits of the Ideal Candidate
- High sense of ownership - Personally own the targets, feel that the buck always stops with you
- Quality of work output - Optimise the speed of delivery and scalability of products built
- Good communication - Ability to clearly communicate with internal stakeholders
- Hungry to learn and grow - Passion to learn & be a better version of oneself; motivated to succeed
- 6+ years of proven experience as a Backend/Full Stack developer in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in building Microservices/RESTful APIs with any modern tech stack
- Working knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Ability to analyse and convert business requirements into technical requirements
- Track record of outperformance in previous workplaces
- Pedigreed educational background is preferred